Friday, July 12, 2013

A Valuable Teaching-Learning Resource: John Corvino Lecture, "What's Morally Wrong with Homosexuality?"




In April, I told you all about a series of videos at YouTube featuring John Corvino, a professor of philosophy at Wayne State University who is doing significant work in walking audiences through the various arguments deployed against LGBT people and their lives, and challenging his audiences to think about these arguments in rational terms. The video at the head of the posting is an hour-long lecture Corvino has been giving around the country on the topic, "What's Morally Wrong with Homosexuality?"

I recommend this video as a teaching-learning resource, and am grateful to Jim Burroway at Box Turtle Bulletin for bringing to folks' attention the recent uploading of the lecture to YouTube. (As the first link above notes, it was from Dan Savage's Slog site that I learned of the Corvino series I mentioned in April.)

Many of you will probably also know that Corvino has published a book with the title What's Wrong with Homosexuality? (NY: Oxford UP, 2013). I have the book, but haven't yet had a chance to read it. When I do, I'll share some of my thoughts about it with you, for what they're worth.

No comments: